Option Buttons

skiman123321

I have a series of several "yes" "no" option buttons in my sheet. I want to "link" each pair of "yes" "no" button so that they do not interfere with the other pairs of "yes" "no" buttons. I know by default that option buttons allow only one selection. But how do I set it up in yes no pairs. Can anyone help? Thanks so much.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Are these option buttons on a worksheet? If so, by using different cell links for each pair they will not interfere with each other.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Are these option buttons on a worksheet? If so, by using different cell links for each pair they will not interfere with each other.

It is not that easy, becasue option buttons are treated as a group - you could not assing a different cell link for each option button: changing cell link for one button autmatically changes it for all other buttons. However, you may create independent option buttons by putting them into separate Frames availalbe from the same Forms toolbar.

EDIT: of course, group box, not frames - as chicagodiceman pointed out. Frames are in UserForm, I am using non-English version of Excel, so I sometimes incorrectly guess the English equivalent of a given item.

Upvote 0
I must be doing something wrong. I tried placing the yes no pairs in seperate frames and I still cannot get the pairs to operate independantly.

Upvote 0
If the option buttons are from the "Forms" toolbar and placed on a worksheet, you can select the cell that the value is stored. If you assign to different cells, by placing a group box around pairs of option buttons, you can assign to different cells.

If this doesn't work, please post back.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back