Option Group Value Question: Non-Numeric?

nico

Board Regular
I have a form for users to enter data into a table. The form has an option group (option buttons) with 2 choices: Scheduled and Unscheduled. The value for Scheduled is "1" and Unscheduled is "0". Everything is working fine, I just have a question about possibly changing the values. I have a report that displays results of the inputted data and I would like to have something meaningful display to users who are reading the reports. In other words, the users will not know what "0" or "1" means. So, I tried inputting text values instead of numeric but it does not seem to allow it. I know I could use a combo box instead, but I would prefer to use the 'radio button' (option button) display for my form. I'm not sure what else I could do. Is there a way to have a separate field in my table that would display different text depending on the value in my scheduled/unscheduled field? For example: (if [Scheduled/Unscheduled] = 1, "Scheduled", "Unscheduled"). But I'm not sure how to accomplish this. Thanks for your help!

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
There's a couple of options. One is to build a lookup table with 2 fields: OptionID and OptionDescription.

To show the "readable" values, link this table to the field from the option group and use the lookup table deecription instead.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back