Options to uncheck tab need vb to...

greegan

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
make this locked or something
is there anything that can be done so the user cannot undo this without a password?

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Workbooks can be protected (sheets are locked). Sheets can also be protected (cells are locked). And vba projects can be protected (VBA is locked). But Excel is not inherently secure so don't invest too much time in all of this - all such passwords can be cracked without too much trouble - by anyone with a determination to break your code, anway.

Upvote 0
I understand about the passwords being cracked but I just want to prevent "computer challenged" coworkers from messing up a file.
I've got it protected to an extent. I just wanted to know if a change of the options (specifically to the workbook) could be prevented.
I get that the answer is there is no way to do that.
I have unchecked the box to show tabs. I have removed headers and row indicators and I have locked the first tab. This is a tab with instructions of how to use the workbook and its macro, and the other tabs which are used for my macro I have not locked. I don't necessarily want to. That is why I have asked this specific question. Thank you for the assistance.

Upvote 0
I have unchecked the box to show tabs. I have removed headers and row indicators and I have locked the first tab

That sounds like it should do the trick, I guess. Are you not satisfied with the result? I'm not good at "locking down" workbooks because I don't do this myself - better to have something that is intuitive and does the job so well that users want to use your macros just the way they are intended to work. Invest a little bit of time in training. And keep a backup for the unexpected.

&$958;

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back