order and grouping in charts

Bemis82

Im new to charts in MS Access (2003), and i've recently created a bar chart that is pretty simple, however to get it the way i wanted i used the pivot function in the chart wizard. This works fine but i would like to order the bar chart from highest value (hence, tallest bar) to lowest. In the query the chart is based off of, i have the value's set in descending order, but it doesnt transfer to the chart once the pivots are done in the chart wizard. Here is the row source for in the properties for the chart.

SELECT [Resolution Code],Sum([CountOfCase Number1]) AS [SumOfCountOfCase Number1] FROM [QRYChart2Individual] GROUP BY [Resolution Code];

I would like it to order the chart by [CountOfCase Number1] in descending order, how would i achieve this?

Also, if i change to row source to directly from the query, it does put them in correct order because i have the query sorted correctly, however, the chart size mode then somehow is no longer in stretch, it crams it to the left. Even when i change the size mode to stretch, it doesnt change. And there are no null records in the query that would create this...

Thanks for your help.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back