Order Form with Dependent Data Help Needed!

Yabboq

Firstly, thank you for the existence of this forum! I am only posting after having exhausted myself in reading about dependent values for drop-down lists, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, INDIRECT, etc., and something simply must not be 'gelling' because I cannot seem to get my order form to work right.

Buyers will have three gender styles to choose from, Male, Female, and Unisex. Getting this to display in the drop-down menu for the first column was pretty easy. However, Each gender style has three types of shirts to choose from, all of which are named the same thing: Dress, Polo, and Sport.

From there it gets pretty complicated, with the other categories being (in order):

• Sleeve Length (Long or Short for Male and Unisex Dress, ¾ for Female Dress, and Short (only) for all the other styles (Male/Female/Unisex Polo and Sport))
  • Size, which is dependent on the first three columns, and ranges from XS-XL, to S-XL and 2XL-3XL, 2XL-5XL, etc., it just depends on gender and type of shirt being ordered.
  • Shirt Color, another multi-dependent variable.
  • Logo Color, Red, White, Gray, and Black are available, but the logo color options are dependent on the shirt color chosen (e.g. I don't want a 'black' logo to be available for a 'black' shirt).
  • Price, which is dependent on Gender+Style+Size.

Finally, from the price I wanted to add quantity column and tax (7.5%) at the very end, but these are functions that I can get to work, thankfully.

Please help! I can get multiple independent lists to operate no problem, but I'd like to create a sheet that only shows certain options. The biggest problem is that some of those values are repeated depending on what's being chosen, so I've had a hard time figuring out how to tell Excel what I want it to do.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I'm very close to simply creating a pen-and-paper sheet, but would love to be able to e-mail a form with great functionality to my employees. I can show the file if needed.

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mesh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back