Order Set which automatically updates customer order history sheet - help / advice

sibley14

To all MrExcel genius', i'm after some help & advice on finding a potential solution - perhaps this is a stretch too far for excel and maybe i need to consider the Access route or some other software. Here goes....

We are using a manual pen & paper card system at work (head explodes) we want to transpose as much of this as possible to an excel or database system.

Currently we have pre-set combined work/sales order templates in excel which are all in the same format and contain the same data (i.e. order number, date, item description, price, qty etc)

Is there any way that i could link all order sets for each of our customers (i.e customer A, B C and so on) - so that when i complete and save the excel order it then copies the required data and updates to another excel sheet containing the customer order history. This then creates a customer order history and cannot be modified without a password. The data would need to be running in a table format.

I know this is verging on perhaps database / sales order / accounting software.

Any advice on whether this is possible or a little too complex would be much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
This all begs for database. You could start from Access, but also can use SQL Server Express Edition (it's free). But the main concern is not which database you would use but the correct database design and business rules.

Upvote 0
This all begs for database. You could start from Access, but also can use SQL Server Express Edition (it's free). But the main concern is not which database you would use but the correct database design and business rules.

Hey Sektor, thank you for your quick response and feedback - i'm not familiar with the SQL server but will do some further research to see what i can find. Much appreciated!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back