Ordering report info in desired order

d.silverman

Hi, please can someone help, may be quite simple but my Access skills aren't that great and I can't work it out I have tried!

I have some questionnaire responses which are short text answers categorised into codes according to the rough gist of the comment.

Each respondent was allowed to list 3 things, so there are columns like 'Question 4 - Response 1' a corresponding 'Question 4 - Response 1 Code', then 'Question 4 - Response 2' (for the second item on the list) and so forth.

I want to create a report that disregards whether it is listing Response 1 or Reponse 2 etc., but lists all the responses and their accompanying codes, grouped according to code. After it is grouped by code (within the codes) I want it to group by year group (the respondents are university students) and I want the report to give the year group.

Do I need to make this into a query before making it into a report? What do I have to do? TIA

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mozz