Organising information sorted by due date

level3ninja

Hi.
We have a spreadsheet we use to keep track of quotes requested by clients. These get entered as they come in and are assigned the next Q number (e.g. Q0002). Since not all clients request their quotes back in the same amount of time the order in which quotes need to be done is not chronological.
I already have a column calculating the days left until the due date and have conditionally formatted the dates to change colour as the due date gets closer. Once the quoted have been finished and sent to the client a status is entered in the status column (e.g. PENDING, WON, LOST, etc)

I was wondering if there was a way to have a second sheet for example that listed all the quotes not yet submitted and sorted them by due date and then sort by time due, and possible another sheet with quotes not yet submitted sorted by the person responsible and then sorted by due date and then by time due.

I have tried getting this to work with pivot tables, but it seemed to require an extra dimension than they could handle. Perhaps I need an extra dimension... :confused:

Here is a section of the spreadsheet with some info changed, but all formulas etc still intact.
quotes TEST.xlsx

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
I think a pivot table will do it
For row labels select Person_Responsible, then also select Client.
For column labels select Days_Left
For values select Description (or any other field that is always populated. Excel will change from sum to count for text data.
Thats it.
If you have lots of quoted due way out in the future and are not worried about them, you can use filter on the column labels to show only quotes due in less than xxx days

Upvote 0
Thanks! That's looking really good.
The only other things I wanted from it was for it to only show jobs due today or in the future, so once the due date becomes yesterday it no longer shows up in the PT.
Also if there is a status in the status column it doesn't show up (sometimes a quote will be very quick and it will be easier to do there and then because you've just talked to the client on the phone, and if you leave it for 2 weeks you'll have forgotten most of it. This way those quotes won't stick around in the PT).

Thanks.

Upvote 0
your data has a 'status' column. Put it into the row labels as the first item, then get the pivot table to filter out the status codes you dont want

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonilla0331

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back