Organizing workbook

schaelc

I receive a published workbook about once a quarter. It contains several worksheets of different data and some worksheets contain multiple tables of data. I want to quickly and easily consolidate the whole workbook of data into one data table so I can generate a pivot report and the data can easily be utilized in custom formats to feed other models. Is a recorded macro the best? I would then rely on constant format of each workbook? My VBA knowledge is limited. Can power query do it better?

thanks

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
I don't know it will be better but for sure it can do that (depends on source data)
Thanks- do you know a free resource that can show me how to transform the sheets that have multiple tables? Right now it just runs down the rows with null rows between new tables.

Upvote 0
Thanks again- I’ve been reading through the documents but I can’t find a solution. Append tables will work when I upload the workbook and it creates each tab as a table, but each sheet has multiple different tables that I need to append first. How do I fix each sheets multiple tables that power query thinks is one big table?

Upvote 0
There is no golden advice for your case. This is a "basic" documentation so you'll need get idea what you want to do, then get idea how to do it then do it. Power Query is not a Click&Go, you'll need to learn more.
You want solution but you even didn't show structure, relationships and type of your source data and expected result. Sorry but I forgot my Crystal Ball and cannot read in your mind
btw. pictures are useless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sure, upload your excel file to the any service like onedrive, googledrive, googlebox or any similar, share this file then post link to this file here
remeber that it must be shared without any login, email address or something like that, just for download

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back