Orphan worksheet

ijourneaux

I have a workbook that has a a lot of VBA code. In normal use of the spreadsheet, Excel creates orphan worksheets. In the screen capture below, 2 of the VBA worksheets Sheet17 and Sheet 25 get duplicates, Sheet171 and Sheet251. The VBA code in each of these sheets stays in the original module but the actual sheet layout is in new duplicate worksheets. Over time I will get additional duplicate worksheet sheet17, Sheet171, Sheet 1711, Sheet17111, etc.
I am trying to understand why this is happening. The extra worksheets can not be deleted. The only fix appears to be saving as at .xlsx, and copying over all of the code and then saving back as a xlsm.

Appreciate any thoughts or comments
Ian

Attachments

• 2022-03-30_13-18-19.jpg
    2022-03-30_13-18-19.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 10

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hi Ian,

I see your issue about Orphaned Worksheets is more than a year old. I am having the same issue and was wondering if you found the cause and how to remedy it?

Appreciate any help as I have a massive Workbook with tons of code. I'm also very keen to know the root cause.

Thanks
Rainer

Upvote 0
Yeah, I've gathered that the remedy is to migrate all the sheets and modules to a new worksheet. Not great hey, especially if the root cause has not been figured out.
Thanks for replying so promptly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluedbw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back