Out of Memory Error

business_analyst

Board Regular
Hello All,

So I've created a form that has literally 1200 Textboxes. After creating this, I tried to access the code, but when I attempted to do so I got a message prompt that says "out of memory". This prompt also occurs when I try to compile and run the form. Is there a way around this prompt? or is this due to the number of textboxes on my form?

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
If you export the form module, how large is it? If >64K, that may be the source of the problem.

Upvote 0
Why do you want a form with that many textboxes? From a user standpoint, it must be horrible, I'd have thought.

Upvote 0
thanks i've decided to split the number of textboxes in half and put them on separate forms. This has solved the "out of memory" issue. And yes, i would imagine it will be horrible from a user standpoint. I tried to make that point with the end user, but this is how they requested it done. :eek:

Upvote 0
I agree with Roy, how long would it take a user to fill in 1200 textboxes, no matter how many userforms they are spread about?
(Heck, how long would it take them to read 1200 textboxes?)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notmrdurden

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back