Outlook 2007 Automated Response on Assignment/Resolution

SuperFerret

This is a long shot, but I've been tasked with attempting to find a way to send a response to e-mails we get in. Basically we have a Group Inbox, which our team has access to, when we are dealing with an e-mail we flag it with a Category so everyone else can see it's been done. The problem is we get a lot of e-mails and people are now wanting a 'Done' email.

Is there a way to either send a response once a Category has been assigned to an email (something like [username] is dealing with this) or ideally when the e-mail is moved into a specific Work Completed subfolder (we have one for each team member of which there are currently 3 of us)

Any help/advice is appreciated as I've googled this, but I'm not sure what I should be searching for.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
This is a long shot, but I've been tasked with attempting to find a way to send a response to e-mails we get in.

LOL just hit "Reply"? :biggrin:

I haven't tried this, but you should be able to add an event handler to that Inbox and, when any item is changed, determine what the change is and create a response email automatically.

See http://www.codeforexcelandoutlook.com/outlook-vba/mailitem-object/events/ for sample code. You should be looking for the PropertyChange Event to see how to do it.

The code would need to be installed on every machine that is used to access the Group Inbox.

For moved emails, you would need completely different code. See http://www.codeforexcelandoutlook.com/outlook-vba/stock-event-code/ for "watch-folder" type of email handling.

Upvote 0
LOL just hit "Reply"?

Lol! This is what we're doing already, but the number of e-mails has now got to a point where we're spending more time responding than doing our jobs! :eek:

I'll check out the links and see what I can put together, they've not decided what they'd rather have (moved or flagged) yet so if I can give examples of both we can see what's gonna work best.

Thanks for the response!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back