Outlook email loop

xenedra13

Board Regular
I am making a macro to create an email for each line in a spreadsheet. This macro makes the emails, but it is not using the right loop because it replaces the previous email with the next one. So when the macro is finished, there is only 1 email instead of 53 separate emails. Can someone help with the right loop to make this work?
Code:
Dim myOlApp As Object
    Dim MyItem As Object
    Set myOlApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set MyItem = myOlApp.CreateItemFromTemplate("File path" & "File name")
    Dim body As String

For i = 3 To 55
        If Workbooks(Client).Worksheets("Email Info").Cells(i, 1).Value = True Then
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "00/00/00", Format(Cells(i, 4), "m/dd/yyyy hh:mm"))
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "SSP1", FormatNumber(Cells(i, 5), 0))
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "SSP2", FormatNumber(Cells(i, 6), 0))
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "SSLF%1", FormatPercent(Cells(i, 7), 1))
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "SSLF%2", FormatPercent(Cells(i, 8), 1))
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "AMLF%1", FormatPercent(Cells(i, 9), 1))
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "AMLF%2", FormatPercent(Cells(i, 10), 1))
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "AMLF%3", FormatPercent(Cells(i, 11), 1))
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "AMLF%4", FormatPercent(Cells(i, 12), 1))
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "SSCP%", FormatPercent(Cells(i, 13), 1))
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "AMCP%1", FormatPercent(Cells(i, 14), 1))
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "AMCP%2", FormatPercent(Cells(i, 15), 1))
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "AMCP%3", FormatPercent(Cells(i, 16), 1))
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "AMCP%4", FormatPercent(Cells(i, 17), 1))
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "SSO-P", FormatPercent(Cells(i, 18), 1))
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "SSTkW1", FormatNumber(Cells(i, 19), 0))
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "SSTkW2", FormatNumber(Cells(i, 20), 0))
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "SDE1", FormatCurrency(Cells(i, 21), 0))
            MyItem.HTMLBody = Replace(MyItem.HTMLBody, "SDE2", FormatCurrency(Cells(i, 22), 0))
            With MyItem
                .To = email address
                .Subject = "Subject - " & Cells(i, 3)
                .Display
            End With
        End If
    Next i

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
.Display shows the email, but it does not pause execution, so I expect you see a blur of messages whipping by and at the end of the code only see the last message.
.Save would save the email to the Drafts folder
.Send would send the email

Upvote 0
Yes, that is exactly what happens. However, I need to display the emails so that I can check the contents before they are sent. There have been quite a few mistakes that I have caught that way. I am not sure why or what the logic is behind this, but I found an answer to my question. Each of the emails opened in a separate window after I moved this line
Code:
Set MyItem = myOlApp.CreateItemFromTemplate("File path" & "File name")
inside the "For I = 3 to 55" segment. If someone could explain why this makes each email open in a new window instead of overriding the email window before it, that would be great. I would like to understand why this works.

Upvote 0
With that line inside the loop a separate email is created each time that line is run.
With that line outside the loop a single email is created then rewritten each time the loop increments.

My earlier solution would not have worked since once the first email was sent (with .Send ) there would be nothing for the remainder of the code to work on.

If errors were caught afte the emails were generated, you may want to add some error checking routines to process the data before the original code is run.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back