Outlook Email with Options for Recipient

horace1104

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hello!

So I need to come up with something in Outlook that when I send an email to someone, the recipient should be able to respond with what he wants to reply but at the end of it needs to confirm if “YES - This is okay to proceed” or “NO - This is not okay to proceed”. The goal is to avoid having an unclear/not direct answers from the people. I was thinking of the voting button but I know there are other ways to make it more formal. Also, we have to make responses more controlled, no ambiguity around interpretation.

Please can anyone help. Thanks!

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
I would say that the binary proposition of Yes or No is fairly unambiguous; the trick would be in how one articulates the question. In terms of what options are available to you, the only thing I'm aware of (besides the voting function) would be Microsoft Forms. I know that MS Outlook has a Forms Quick Poll function bolted onto it now, so that might be what your after?

Upvote 0
I would say that the binary proposition of Yes or No is fairly unambiguous; the trick would be in how one articulates the question. In terms of what options are available to you, the only thing I'm aware of (besides the voting function) would be Microsoft Forms. I know that MS Outlook has a Forms Quick Poll function bolted onto it now, so that might be what your after?
I also thought of creating something using Outlook Forms but I have no idea how tbh. Is there any guide on how to do such? I tried Google but it gives different idea.

Upvote 0
It's not called Outlook Forms - it's Microsoft Forms. If you google that and Outlook poll, there are plenty of website and videos that guide you through the process - Exhibit A. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TS_711

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back