Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hey guys,

Hopefully this is okay to post in a primarily Excel-based message forum.
I just have a question about an oft template that my company has available.

When double-clicked, it opens in Outlook.
Basically, it is saved as an .oft and there is just a bunch of text in the message body.

Here is a fictitious example. When opened, the text would be something like this.
Rich (BB code):
Hello ,
Thank you for purchasing item number:
Your order number, for reference, is:
Thank you

After selecting all of the text in the body of the email (via Ctrl+A), the user then hits F9.
Some prompts appear, asking certain questions ("What is the customer's name?", "What is the item number?", "What is the order number?")
After going through and answering all of the questions, the data is then inputted into their proper places on the email template.
It ends up looking something like this:
Rich (BB code):
Hello Bill,
Thank you for purchasing item number: 12345678900
Your order number, for reference, is: 00065974135-123456
Thank you

However, some of the prompts are currently old/outdated (data names have changed, etc). I have been trying to figure out how to edit the existing prompts, but I cannot seem to find the information stored anywhere on the template.
I looked in the VBA and it is completely empty, as is the list of Macros on the template.
Where can I find this information? I have been surfing online trying to find a solution, but I am kind of scratching my head here.

I wish I could just post the .oft here for reference, but it cannot be shared outside of the company.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Maybe it's in the "Design" part. Go to the Developer tab when you open the mail and choose "Design this form". (If you don't see Developer, choose the dropdown in the Customize Quick Access Toolbar dropdown in the title bar, choose "More commands", go to "Customize Ribbon" on the left, and then check the Developer checkbox on the right.)

Search around in there. There is also a "View code" button that shows the code attached to the form if it is available.

When you're done editing it, I think you might have to Publish it, but maybe not. Could be there is another way to save it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back