Outlook "Tasks" quick tables - check boxes

chris-in-cal

Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

[(Executive Summary) I create a 2x2 table in MS Word. Column 2 is check boxes. I protect the MS Word doc to use the check boxes. But while protected I can not copy and paste it into a Task...where I would save it as a quick table]

Where can I look to find some answers for a puzzle I'm trying to work through with MS Outlook "Tasks".

I created a quick table....called "QT"

In outlook I create a new Task. NewTask.

In the body of NewTask I click the Quick Tables pull down and click QT and it is inserted into the body of the task.
The mechanics of it work fine.

I want QT to be a 2x2 table. Column one will be to do items...e.g. (Did you take out the trash. Did you walk the dog)
and in column two I want there to be check boxes. I'll create a new task and call it Monday, then insert QT, and after taking out the trash I'll open the task, click the check box, save and close. Later I'll walk the dog, then open up the task again, click the check box, then save and close.

What I tried: Make a 2x2 in MS Word. Make column 2 check boxes. Protect the document. Then the check boxes in the MS Word doc work correctly. However, I need to take the protected table and insert it into a Task...where I can save it as a quick table. Once the table is protected, it can not by copied and pasted, or otherwise inserted somewhere else.

The other tact, is to put it into a Task unprotected, then somehow protect it in Task and save as a quick table.

Who are the Task/Quick Table/protecting and copy docs people who can help me?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Okay, folks. Monday morning, I'm here at my desk. And my "Checkbox-less" quick table is in front of me. Let's collectively see this little issue quashed! Where is a good "Task" "Quick Table" "Outlook" forum where similar (they not quite as amazing) gurus work together on issues like this?

Upvote 0
Well,

Hope just a quick suggestion on what to read to learn more about the subject?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottdog129

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back