Outputting a Dashboard from Excel to IE

Algemron

I wonder if someone could help me by pointing me in the direction of the resources needed to that I would be able to convert the dashboard that I have into an Internet Explorer webpage.

The idea is that I supply a link and via VBA convert the Dashboard I have into an IE page which would update and become an as at now reflection.

I'm not sure if this is possible but if someone could point me in the direction of some resources to learn from that would be gratefully appreciated

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
You can Save-As an html document, but if you need to update an existing webpage with information in Excel, that is going to be more difficult. Does the webpage have a form that is utilized to update or does it pull from a database? I think you'll have a hard time trying to push Excel to update a website than to have the website update itself.

Upvote 0
This is just a "is it possible" idea.
Currently the data would be stored in a Excel file (or something similar) and I would like it so that the webpage would update it's self; but if that's not possible (or easily done) then it could be a "As at now" type thing and they'd need to F5 and obtain the new data that way.

The dashboard will be used to show what has come in, what is about to breach the time scales etc (So an up to date visual of what is occurring).
I thought creating it via a webpage would be an easier option as I could give them the link and update through that.

Upvote 0
I'll admit I'm not very knowledgable about HTML, but I think the website needs to be setup to accept Excel as the source. If it's a sharepoint site, there may be some build-in options to allow updates via Excel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back