Detectiveclem

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi,

I currently use the following formula which works well and produces the text either "Due" or "Overdue" if no payment has been entered into that cell for the current Month. If payment is not received anytime between the first and last day of the month "Due" appears, this changes to "Overdue" if payment is not recorded when the next/later months are reached. Conditional formatting shows "Due" in Orange and "Overdue" in red. All good so far.

=IF(MONTH(TODAY())>MONTH($P$5),"Overdue",IF(MONTH(TODAY())=MONTH($P$5),"Due",""))

However I would like to add the number of days an from which payment was due or overdue, thus instead of saying simply "Due it would for example say Due 10 days ago, or "Overdue 35 days".

Any help would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Sorry I should have added that cell P5 contains the date ie 01/05/18 (1st May 2018) the next column at cell R5 the following month and so forth...

Upvote 0
Something like

=IF(MONTH(TODAY())>MONTH($P$5),"Overdue "&TODAY()-EOMONTH($P$5)&" days",IF(MONTH(TODAY())=MONTH($P$5),"Due "&TODAY()-$P$5&" days ago",""))

Upvote 0
Thank you Watergypsy, I will try this later and let you know how I get on.

Upvote 0
Hi WaterGypsy,

This didn't work.

As it returned "to many arguments". When I removed the ) before &" days" this resulted in False.

Upvote 0
Hi WaterGypsy, thank you, all working fine now. Thank you once again for solving my problem

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prabhuk279

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back