Overdue dates for 2019

Detectiveclem

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi I am currently using the following formula to successfully flag up when a person is either due to pay or if they haven't paid by the end of the month when payment was due. When less than 30days the cell shows "due x number of days ago". When over 30 days it shows 'Overdue and the number of days'.

=IF(MONTH(TODAY())>MONTH($C$4),"Overdue "&TODAY()-EOMONTH($C$4,-1)&" days",IF(MONTH(TODAY())=MONTH($C$4),"Due "&TODAY()-$C$4&" days ago",""))

This works perfectly, but now I am preparing the same spreadsheet for 2019. However all cells now show over due, even although we havent reached 2019 yet.

I need to incorporate the YEAR into the above formula but my attempts have proved useless so far. Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Hi,

I don't understand 100% what the texts are supposed to do... but does this give you something you can use? I don't see that you need to know the month, EOMONTH is actually returning an integer (as is TODAY) so you can just use those.

Book1
AB
1Due DateAnswer
210/10/2018Not in the right month anymore - 43 days overdue
311/01/2018Still in the month - 21 days overdue
411/01/2017Not in the right month anymore - 386 days overdue
Sheet3
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B2=IF(TODAY()<=EOMONTH(A2,0),"Still in the month - ","Not in the right month anymore - ")&TODAY()-A2&" days overdue"

Tai

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Tai,

Thnk yo, I hae tried what you suggest, but doesn't work he way I would like. My current set up only populates the cells after the the start of the month, leaving future months blank.

Thanks anyway

Upvote 0
Hi, I thought these were overdue accounts on the list. I still don't know exactly what you are looking for. Some sample dates and the expected output based on those dates would help. Here is the same function I offered before, wrapped wtih an if() statement in order to return a zero-length string if the due date is not yet passed:

=IF(TODAY()<=A2,"",<a2,"",< font=""></a2,"",<>IF(TODAY()<=EOMONTH(A2,0),"Still in the month - ","Not in the right month anymore - ")&TODAY()-A2&" days overdue")

Hope that helps!
Tai

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is this what you're after

Excel 2013/2016
CD
422/11/2018Due 0 days ago
522/10/2018Overdue 53 days
621/10/2018Overdue 53 days
701/09/2018Overdue 83 days
801/09/2019
925/11/2019
Don't delete
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D4=IF(TODAY()>EOMONTH($C4,0),"Overdue "&TODAY()-EOMONTH($C4,-1)&" days",IF(EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)=EOMONTH($C4,0),"Due "&TODAY()-$C4&" days ago",""))

Upvote 0
Hi again, sorry if I explain you might understand what I am trying to achieve. I have a spreadsheet with individuals named down Column B. This is then followed by column C to N headed up with each month. When an individual makes their monthly payment the amount is entered in the cell corresponding with they month they make payment. Future Months remain blank, however if no payment is entered in the current month by an individual text automatically appears showing for example “Due 21 days ago” (this is based on the 1st of the month in the column heading). If no payment is recorded when the date is greater than one month the text changes showing for example “Overdue 83 days”. Although using my formula works perfectly in the current year, when I set up the same spreadsheet for 2019 the cells were determining all the cells as overdue. For example January 2019 current shows “Overdue 39 days”, February 2019 shows “Overdue 70 days” and so forth with the number of days increasing each month. However December 2019 has the cells blank (as I want) so I have worked out that the formula purely looks at the month and does not take account of the YEAR.

I suspect when we reach the 1st January 2019 then everything will work normally, but in the meantime this is showing incorrect information as clearly the individuals payments are not Due or Overdue.

I hope I have explained this sufficiently as I think all that is need to include the current YEAR somewhere within my original formula. But I am open to any suggestions to get this to work perfectly, even for future years.

Thanks again

Upvote 0
Is this what you mean

Excel 2013/2016
BCDEFGH
401/09/201801/10/201801/11/201801/12/201801/01/201901/02/2019
5BobOverdue 83 daysOverdue 53 daysDue 21 days ago   
6Jim100100Due 21 days ago
7Gary100100100
Don't delete
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C5=IF(TODAY()>EOMONTH(C$4,0),"Overdue "&TODAY()-EOMONTH(C$4,-1)&" days",IF(EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)=EOMONTH(C$4,0),"Due "&TODAY()-C$4&" days ago",""))
D5=IF(TODAY()>EOMONTH(D$4,0),"Overdue "&TODAY()-EOMONTH(D$4,-1)&" days",IF(EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)=EOMONTH(D$4,0),"Due "&TODAY()-D$4&" days ago",""))
E5=IF(TODAY()>EOMONTH(E$4,0),"Overdue "&TODAY()-EOMONTH(E$4,-1)&" days",IF(EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)=EOMONTH(E$4,0),"Due "&TODAY()-E$4&" days ago",""))
F5=IF(TODAY()>EOMONTH(F$4,0),"Overdue "&TODAY()-EOMONTH(F$4,-1)&" days",IF(EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)=EOMONTH(F$4,0),"Due "&TODAY()-F$4&" days ago",""))
G5=IF(TODAY()>EOMONTH(G$4,0),"Overdue "&TODAY()-EOMONTH(G$4,-1)&" days",IF(EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)=EOMONTH(G$4,0),"Due "&TODAY()-G$4&" days ago",""))
H5=IF(TODAY()>EOMONTH(H$4,0),"Overdue "&TODAY()-EOMONTH(H$4,-1)&" days",IF(EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)=EOMONTH(H$4,0),"Due "&TODAY()-H$4&" days ago",""))

If not can you please post some data showing your layout

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Fluff,

Perfect, thank you very much. And thank you everyone else who came to my assistance.

Upvote 0
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCTeacher

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back