Overlapping, transparent sheets!!??

ernie37

I have a situation where I have two overlapping, semi transparent sheets popping up in my workbook after a bunch of VBA calculations, even though I select one of the sheets as my focus.

The offending statement seems to be:

Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic

that should just turn the calculations back on. But, it seems to be the one triggering the double vision. Below that statement I have:

Worksheets(“Summary”).Activate
Worksheets(“Summary”).Range(“A1:A1”).Select

to try and select just the Summary sheet. I realize that is redundant, but it refuses to select just the Summary sheet. There another sheet that sits semi-transparently on top of Summary.

?????????????? Any ideas, anyone??? ???????????????

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
It sounds like a memory issue, not so much an Excel issue.

Can you post all of the code?

Upvote 0
Oh, Jeeze! It is a huge workbook with many sheets and pages and pages of VBA. So, that’s not going to be helpful. I have found that it has something to do with one of the sheets that has a lot of calculated cells on it with formulas like VLOOKUP, etc. When I manually turn on Automatic Calculation, the thing pops up. When I go to manual, it goes away. Maybe that is a clue.

Upvote 0
(WORKAROUND) I traced the problem to a sheet that had a lot of vlookup calculations that referred to other sheets. For some reason, when automatic calculation was turned on, this thing overwrote itself partially onto another sheet (bizarre display). Here is a partial solution ... more of a workaround. In my workbook I have several sheets with lots of calculations. This is where the problem occurred. When I run these sheets, I get the bizarre display where the offending sheet pops up and partially overwrites the currently displayed sheet. So, at the beginning of calculations on the other sheets, I turned off the calculations to the offending sheet using:

ThisWorkbook.Sheets(“SheetName”).EnableCalculation = False

Then, I put a button at the top of the offending sheet so when I want to use calculations on that sheet (where all of the vlookups are that refer to other sheets) I run a macro with the button that says:

ThisWorkbook.Sheets(“SheetName”).EnableCalculation = True ‘turn calculations back on
Worksheets(“SheetName”).Calculate

This is a little clumsy but it solves my problem.

Maybe this gives a better diagnosis of the original problem. Any ideas?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back