¶ Pilcrow Sign in Excel/VBA

RBartonSWW

I have a VBA userform that copies the contents of some textboxes in it onto the spreadsheet and each time it does it, it adds the ¶ Pilcrow Sign and it is also adding a " quote mark too.
The data in the boxes on the userform can be full or empty and it will still add these signs.

Does anybody know how to stop this from happening?

Thank you.

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Are there any other settings I should check? I can't see why it is doing this unless there is a bug with copying from textboxes to a spreadsheet via code, which there does seem to be, but others have said there isn't one for them. :confused:

Upvote 0
A couple of things I'm wondering.
I assume it did not do this from the very beginning (when we first wrote that code) or I imagine you would've mentioned it, has there been any changes made since then? - Do you know at what point it started doing this?

Have you tried making a new (dummy) userform in a new book and running the code on that? - Perhaps on a different machine? (You'll want to start from scratch, without copying anything from the current book.)

Is any of your text imported into this file? - Say from a text file of some sort?
(Or does it also do this when you physically type in the values to the sheet and or the userform?)

Upvote 0
Ok, there are some things to do there.

It did it from the begining of the copying from Userform to Spreadsheet and I figured it would be something simple to fix, so ignored it (that was smart :p).
The quote marks have appeared recenlty when some editing has been done which tells the Userform to clear after it has updated the spreadsheet, which I can't see to be able to do something like it is.

I have run the same Userform/Code on 3 different machines, all with the same errors, which I guess means I should try creating it again from a new workbook.

All the text is entered into the spreadsheet by hand. As you may know some people press Enter or Return to move down a line when entering text. Using enter in this way on MS Word would create the Pilcrow sign. I first thought that this was happening, but it puts the sign in when it 'Updates'/'Adds' data into the spreadsheet.

It seems to create it in the process of getting text from the from the Userform to the Spreadsheet.

Upvote 0
Ok, I just ran a dummy version of the code and it seems to enter the Pilcrow into the text boxes as a result of copying the data from the spreadsheet.

Upvote 0
I don't know. I've never seen that before and I can't make it happen for me.
Please check your personal messages. I've sent you my email address. If you like you can send me a copy of your workbook and I'll see what I can see.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back