Page Break Preview

ChrisHockley

I realize the page break preview is used for just that... however I like the clean layout that it creates in my document where the data is shown in typical Excel format but with a clean, grey background around it. Can you create this look easily in Normal View? I can easily remove the gridlines... is the grey that's besting me.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Apparently this is an option (found here):
Create a small rectangle that matches the color you want used for your background. Save the small rectangle as a graphics file, using the PNG file format. Then, within Excel, follow these steps:
  1. Display the Page Layout tab of the ribbon.
  2. Click the Background tool, in the Page Setup group. Excel 2007 and Excel 2010 display the Sheet Background dialog box. In Excel 2013 and later versions you see the Insert Pictures screen in which you should click the Browse link at the right of the From a File option. You'll then see the Sheet Background dialog box.
Hope that helps Chris!

Upvote 0
Solution
Apparently this is an option (found here):
Create a small rectangle that matches the color you want used for your background. Save the small rectangle as a graphics file, using the PNG file format. Then, within Excel, follow these steps:
  1. Display the Page Layout tab of the ribbon.
  2. Click the Background tool, in the Page Setup group. Excel 2007 and Excel 2010 display the Sheet Background dialog box. In Excel 2013 and later versions you see the Insert Pictures screen in which you should click the Browse link at the right of the From a File option. You'll then see the Sheet Background dialog box.
Hope that helps Chris!
This worked perfectly! Thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back