Page Set Up Puzzle

chinaplate

I am trying to figure out how to print a *portion* of a column on each page.

I am able to enter page set up, select the sheet tab, and then select a full column or row to print on each page (via the "columns to repeat at left" box).

However, I want only a portion of the column to print on each page. That is, I have a title and some notes that begin in B2 and go to E2 and I have
a series of brands that begin in B4 and go to B14. I would like the B4-B14 portion to appear on each page but not the few words that fall in B2.

I have tried typing B4:B12 in the columns to repeat box but this is automatically changed to $B$B.

Is there a solution to my problem or will need to manually copy my column header to each page?

THANK YOU in advance.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

PolarBear

Board Regular
Have you tried entering 4:14 in the "Rows to repeat" box on the "Sheet" set up page?

chinaplate

Have you tried entering 4:14 in the "Rows to repeat" box on the "Sheet" set up page?

I just tried that and am still getting the text in B2 showing up on each page.

Someone just told me that the answer is to move my text but I can't believe that there is no solution!

PolarBear

Board Regular
In addition to putting 4:14 in rows to repeat, you need to remove the B:B in columns to repeat, else Excel will repeat the entire B column. From your post, it's ROWS you want to repeat, NOT COLUMNS.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelGlenn