Paper That's Longer Than Legal-Size ?

KenWit

Board Regular
... do they make paper for ordinary printers that's longer than legal-size: 8.5"x14"? Twenty inches or so in width would be ideal. As of now, we have to print out spreadsheets on legal-sized paper and then tape them together and cut away the excess for printouts, which is time consuming.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
... thanks for the link. I didn't see any size paper larger than 8.5 x 14 that would fit in a standard printer. The width would have to be 8.5, max. We do print in landscape, but that's still not quite wide enough even with legal-sized paper. Our spreadsheets are long and have 15 or so columns of data. I'm kind of surprised that paper isn't produced to accomodate that need. Thanks for your help, Brian and Andrew. Guess we'll be sticking with sissors and tape.

Upvote 0
Hey Ken,

I work for a print company and can pretty definitively tell you that other sizes are offered, but you are correct that most will not work in your average, run of the mill home printers. They usually only accept up to letter and legal size paper, exactly what you had specified.

Hope you find better luck! You can find the 11x17 and 12x18 paper at places like FedEx Office (formerly Kinkos), and other retailers.

Upvote 0
Thanks Brian,

It's good to know where that size paper can be purchased.
Maybe we'll invest in a printer that can handle it at some point.
There's a FedEx nearby here.

I wonder if FedEx or another retailer would be able to print wide spreadsheets if we brought the file in on a CD or USB? That might be an interesting (and affordable?) option.

Upvote 0
Many plotters print on roll stock, which can be arbitrarily long.

Upvote 0
I know FedEx can do it, I have done it there before for my engineering and architectural drawings.

Upvote 0
... that's good to know. Thanks guys.

Plotters aren't cheap. A Canon ImagePROGRAF iPF9000S costs $14,781.99 -- on sale!* It's still good to know the options that are available. I'm going to look into pricing with FedEx. That might come in very useful on occasion.

* at superwarehouse.com.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back