Parametrized request in PowerPivot

vinaysingri

Hi all,
As per my knowledge,currently if any user want to fetch some data exposed as Odata feeds, the user will have to download everything related to that entity in power pivot to work on that data.But if the data is huge and user wants only a part of it,it will be overhead. So I wanted to know if we can make the requests parametrized and fetch only that data that is required by user.Or if we can program powerpivot using VSTO?

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
you can use the preview&filter option to only get the fields and records of the table that you want. That's what I use for my odata feed from my MS Access web database.

Let me know if that works.

Best,
Miguel

Upvote 0
Hi Miguel,
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Ya that option is true,but what we experienced was that we wanted two columns of an entity which had hundred million rows of data,but only a set of that hundred million rows were required based on some filter(say based on name) .But unfortunately we had to download everything to obtain that data.So wanted to know if there were any alternative approach so that we can fetch only a subset rows of data into powerpivot.

Upvote 0
I thought that you might actually do the preview&filtering before you import the data as thats how I do it. With the Hundred of millions of rows I believe there is a way to actually like write an sql query on that feed, need to check on my notes.

Will follow up on this later this week.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back