Pass column values to a single cell

rickblunt

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Greetings, I am using the following formula to count how many rows in a particular column have not been completed. Column B is the task, Column H indicates if it is completed or not - pretty straight forward. It occurs to me that it would be nice to create a list of what these remaining items actually were as there are currently over 300+. So lets say in cell Z1 I would get a list of all of the remaining tasks, (and then i could even pass this cells value to a userform, that would be cool :)) Anyway, I am stumped on a formula to do this, usually I can figure out something that at least partially works. Am I completely wrong on this and should I use code instead?

I appreciate any input - thanks,

Excel Formula:
=COUNTIFS('Device List'!B:B,"Outdoor Area",'Device List'!H:H,"")

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
What does the criteria 2 "" mean do you want to count blank rows?

=COUNTIFS('Device List'!B:B,"Outdoor Area",'Device List'!H:H,"")

Upvote 0
correct, for example if B57 has a value in it, but H57 doesn't have a value in (the cell is blank) then I want the value from B57 to end up in Z1. The thing is that initially there would be 300+ values in this cell as we begin our inspections.

It occurred to me after I sent out my initial question that I am basically just applying a filter to this set of data. If I could figure out how to pass the results to that cell then this would accomplish my task. The code that I am using for the filter is the following, if I could pass those results to a cell that would be great. Eventually I will kick it over to a textbox in a userform for the finished project.

VBA Code:
Sub FireExinguisherList()

' This creates a list of the remaining fire extinguishers that need to be inspected.

Range("I1").Select
    Selection.AutoFilter
    ActiveSheet.Range("$A$1:$H$275").AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:= _
        "Fire Extinguisher"
    ActiveSheet.Range("$A$1:$H$275").AutoFilter Field:=8, Criteria1:="="
End Sub

Upvote 0
I actually got this figured out, once I realized that I was probably going to use a userform anyway it made it a lot easier. In case anyone ever runs across this and needs a solution.... :)

This will sort out a worksheet by two parameters and then return two columns of data into one textbox on a userform.

VBA Code:
Private Sub Userform_Initialize()
    Dim i As Long
    Dim Lastrow As Long

ListBox1.SetFocus

'this is from the DEVICE ID column
    Lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
         For i = 1 To Lastrow
             If Cells(i, 8).Value = "" And Cells(i, 2).Value = "Warehouse Area" Then ListBox1.AddItem Cells(i, 3).Value & " - " + Cells(i, 4).Value
         Next

End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back