Pass formating to pivot table

swaink

Hi All

I wonder if I may impose on upon you once again, I have spent considerable time creating a workbook to meet the needs of the users. In particular they required color codes for each row where a certain critera was met.

I have achieved this succesfully however they now create a pivot table from that spreadsheet and can no longer see the color coding.

My question is, is it possible to transfer formating from a spreadsheet into a pivot table or do I need to start over again

All advice appreciated

Thank you

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Formatting from source data cells will not copy to a pivot table.

However, you can apply conditional formatting to cells inside a pivot, so rather than format by hand, you might be able to highlight the cells of interest using CF.

Upvote 0
Is it manual coloring on the other worksheet that the pivot table is pulling from or is it colored by conditional formatting?

Upvote 0
Hi Guys thanks for the quick responce

I have values in the last two columns of the sheet and I have used conditional formating on the spreadsheet to highlight the rows where appropriate

Kev

Upvote 0
Then my first inclination would be to apply the same CF to the PT. If you have to do this frequently then maybe think about using some VBA to automate the application of the CF (can probably automate applying CF to both source data & the PT).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back