Paste a formula in to a column for only certain number of rows

svelma

Hi,

I have a formula field say in C1(Concatenate(A1, B1)). I want to copy that formula on to the same or new column(C or D) but only till 13000 rows. If I just try pasting the formula by selecting the column on top, the formula gets pasted on 1048576(max) rows, which I don't want, as I just have 13k records in column A and B.
Is there a way I can select certain number of rows in a column(not by dragging as it is too much for 13k) and paste the formula on to it?

Thanks for your help.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
If you're just after a quick and dirty way to do this, copy the formula into C13000 once, then drag it back up to row 1.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have a formula field say in C1(Concatenate(A1, B1)). I want to copy that formula on to the same or new column(C or D) but only till 13000 rows. If I just try pasting the formula by selecting the column on top, the formula gets pasted on 1048576(max) rows, which I don't want, as I just have 13k records in column A and B.
Is there a way I can select certain number of rows in a column(not by dragging as it is too much for 13k) and paste the formula on to it?

Thanks for your help.

A quick macro perhaps?

Code:
Sub svelma()

Range("C1:C13000").Formula = "=Concatenate(A1,B1)"

End sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back