Paste Fails

MikeDBMan

Oftentimes when working in a spreadsheet after I select to paste something, doesn't seem to matter what, just a group of cells from one file to another, I get an error that there was a problem pasting. Then I can no longer click inside a cell. The only alternative I have is to save the file and hope it is okay when I reopen it. OR I could just abandon it without saving. Sometimes the file, after saving is fine. Occasionally I get a message that there is something wrong and do I want Excel to try to fix it. Sometimes this totally destroys my file. What a pain. Anybody have any suggestions. I did NOT write down the exact messages I get but I will the next time this happens. It happens just about EVERY DAY!

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Did you write down the message ?
Any chance that you have multiple instances of Excel open and are copying between instances ?
If you go to Home > Cell Styles, is the first heading Custom and are there many entries under that ?
(if you can see Good Bad & Neutral without having to scroll down, you don't have many)
Are either of the files you are using an xls file being run in compatibility mode ?

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I did not write the message down. Next time I get it I will make sure to get the actual text. And I don't have a separate instance of excel running when I get this. And I am not working with any .xls files. I will get the answer the next time I get this and add to this string of messages. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back