Paste on first empty row

dalameda

I have searched through as many of the forum posts that i could find but have been unable to find the answer i need.

I have a form that will be used for data entry and i want to create a macro that will take specific data from the form and paste into the first empty row of a summary workbook.

For Example, in the entry workbook (WB1) the user will enter information into Cell B12, B14, B15, F15, H15 and then i need a macro that will:
- open the summary workbook (WB2)
- find the first empty row
- take the info entered in cell B12 of WB1 into column A of the first empty row found in WB2
- the info entered in cell B14 of WB1, would be entered into column B of that empty row that was found, and so on

Thank you in advance for your help

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
example
Code:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]Workbooks("2ndworkbook.xlsm").Activate
Range("B1").Select
Do Until ActiveCell.Value = ""
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop
ActiveCell.Value = Workbooks("Youbookname.xls").Range("B12").Value

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response Pedie. That is not exactly what i was looking for...the first worksheet would be a form for the user to enter name, address, email, etc on and the second workbook would be for creating a list of all new customers. So when it opens the second worksheet i need it to find the first open row in column A (the name column, since all customers will have a name) and then paste all the needed fields from the first worksheet onto that particular row of the second. I cant have it search for the first open row in column B, C, D, etc because possibly not all the cells of the previous rows will have data (not all customers will give their email address for example). So i need to turn that empty row that is found in column A into a variable and then use that variable to figure out where to paste the remaining information...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back