Paste Special hot key creation

gomezla

In the new 2007 version , can a specific hot key be created to perform Past Special Values? This key assignment was available in 2003, but we can't find it in the new 2007.

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
In 2003, while customizing the toolbar in the dialog box to add a command icon (paste special), if you right mouse click you can assign a "name" which can include "Alt P" or any combination with the Alt key you want.

Upvote 0
I thought I knew all the tricks ( well, 99.9% of them ) but that's not one I've heard of before. Am just trying it now, and can't get it to work. Do you actually type Alt P in the name?

Upvote 0
I thought you said the hotkey was for Paste Special Values at the beginning of this thread?

Upvote 0
There is a difference between the buttons for Paste Special and Paste Special Values, and I was asked which button the Alt P is the hotkey for?

Upvote 0
Sorry, it's for the Paste Special Values.

OK got it now.

Unfortunately I've run out of time. I am now at home, about to go on holiday for 2 weeks. I hope someone else out there with 2007 can help you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back