Paste Special Values Not Working

James14

Hey Guys, First time post, Not sure what is going on, Happens all the time but usually just drop it and try something else...

I am trying to copy a range of cells and Need to transpose the values. Easy Enough? When I right-click and paste special, it gives me a new window with an array of options but not the standard Paste special value screen. I have used the others in the past and just pasted text. However this does not give me the paste transpose option which is what I need.

I am sure this is a User error where there is something about the way that I am copying this information but I am Drawing a Blank... Please help guys

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
James welcome to the Forum,

Have you considered using a Pivot Table?

Upvote 0
do you know when you select paste special you can select both values and transpose and it will do both at the same time?

Upvote 0
For the report that I am using, Its a client mandated format, Its something that we use once a week so I cant start using a Pivot table (Save that for a later date though) I do know that Paste Special Values and Transpose will do both at the same time... Maybe I didnt explain it quite right

Here is the screen I want when I right click and goto paste special
http://www.igetit.net/newsletters/Y03_06/ExcelPasteSpecialRange.jpg

And here is the Screen I get.
http://zenassignments.com/application-integration/files/2009/11/paste-special.png

Interesting... If I paste text into another sheet and then copy it, and Paste special into the orignal book, it works again... am I carrying something from the orignal sheet that I dont see?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It sounds as though you have got an object selected rather than range of data hence Paste Special and Object rather than range of cells.

Can you show some data, you can use Excel Jeanie to upload.

Upvote 0
I think you are right, However I dont think that its not an image, Could it be doing the same for formulas, Im looking at the information that I am copying, and its a formula, and basically calls a specific range of cells from another sheet within that book.... Its put on the last page for a User Friendly Look.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back