paste values that draw from a cell each time they are changed

alessiapp

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I don't know if this is really possible...
I have a sheet with an invoice format that I fill out with before printing it.
In another sheet i need to report all the values invoiced in a column and any time i change the invoice I need to paste new values at the end of the list in sheet2.
Is there a way to do it automatically? I mean any time I fill the format invoice excel takes the total amount and paste it as value at the end of the list in the sheet2?

Thank you

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
It would be easier to help if you could use the XL2BB add-in (icon in the menu) to attach screenshots (not a pictures) of your two sheets with the second sheet showing the desired result. Alternately, you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Explain in detail what you want to do referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets using a few examples from your data (de-sensitized if necessary).

Upvote 0
It would be easier to help if you could use the XL2BB add-in (icon in the menu) to attach screenshots (not a pictures) of your two sheets with the second sheet showing the desired result. Alternately, you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Explain in detail what you want to do referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets using a few examples from your data (de-sensitized if necessary).

Thank you,
Here's the link to the file.

As you can see, in cell H53 of Sheet1 there's the total amount of the invoice. I fill the invoice and then print it to send it to the client.
Everytime I do a new invoice, i report manually the total amount of the invoice at the end of list in sheet2 column C, this helps me traking the amount invoiced during the year (C6 in sheet2).

What I was wondering is if there's a way excel could automatically fill the list in column C of sheet2 any time i change the values in sheet1 to create a new invoice.

Hope its easier to understand now ?

Thank you

Upvote 0
Copy and paste this macro into the worksheet code module. Do the following: right click the tab name for Sheet1 and click 'View Code'. Paste the macro into the empty code window that opens up. Close the code window to return to your sheet. Enter the total in cell H53 and then press the RETURN key.
VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Target.CountLarge > 1 Then Exit Sub
    If Intersect(Target, Range("H53")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    With Sheets("Sheet2")
        .Cells(.Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(, 2).Value = Array(Date, Target)
    End With
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back