Pasting text from VBE to this forum

My Aswer Is This

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
When trying to paste code from Vb editor to this forum I'm not able to do so.
I need to paste the code into notepad then copy from notepad and then I'm able to paste in this forum.
Any one know why this may be happening?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not had any problems using Firefox, what browser are you using?
Also is this a recent problem?

Yes just recent problem since upgrade of recent Windows 10 upgrade. Using MsEdge. If I copy script and paste into Worksheet and then copy again from worksheet it works or if I copy script paste into Notepad then recopy from notepad it will paste into this forum.
I've not had any problems using Firefox, what browser are you using?
Also is this a recent problem?

Yes just recent problem since upgrade of recent Windows 10 upgrade. Using MsEdge.
Sounds like you identified the source of the problem yourself!

I use Google Chrome, and have not had any issues.

The question is why? Ms Forces all these new upgrades. Been using Edge for two years or more.
Sounds like you identified the source of the problem yourself!

I use Google Chrome, and have not had any issues.

Ms Forces all these new upgrades. Been using Edge for two years or more.
Doesn't mean that you have to use it!;)
There are lots of other browsers options available.

We have had issues with Edge and other programs that my company uses. Our company policy is not to use it, because they won't support it.
I'll see if I can find out from the Admins if Edge is supported or not.

By the way, I just did a search on "vBulletin and Microsoft Edge issues", and got a ton of hits...

Thanks for looking into this. I have been using Edge for nearly two years or more with no problems posting scripts into this forum. But I have a work around by pasting into NotePad first then copy from notepad then pasting into this forum. Hopefully this is just a temporary problem. Thanks again for looking into this.
Doesn't mean that you have to use it!;)
There are lots of other browsers options available.

We have had issues with Edge and other programs that my company uses. Our company policy is not to use it, because they won't support it.
I'll see if I can find out from the Admins if Edge is supported or not.

By the way, I just did a search on "vBulletin and Microsoft Edge issues", and got a ton of hits...

I am curious, if you Copy the VB code, are you able to paste it anywhere else on the web (that is NOT a vBulletin site)?
I am just trying to see if the issue is actually the interaction between MS Edge and vBulletin, or if it is bigger than that and it is pasting anything from the VB Editor to the web using MS Edge.
Maybe if you have a Web Mail account, you could try pasting the VB code in an email to see if that works.

Last edited:
I just tried pasting it directly into Facebook and it pasted fine.
I am curious, if you Copy the VB code, are you able to paste it anywhere else on the web (that is NOT a vBulletin site)?
I am just trying to see if the issue is actually the interaction between MS Edge and vBulletin, or if it is bigger than that and it is pasting anything from the VB Editor to the web using MS Edge.
Maybe if you have a Web Mail account, you could try pasting the VB code in an email to see if that works.

OK. Here is what one of the Admins said:
We didn't change anything in the forum recently. So it should be related with Edge update.

However, there is a quick solution for that. You know the little icon at the top of the posting panel (icon A letter "Switch Editor to Source Mode"). If member clicks on that icon and switch to source mode while pasting the script and then switch back then it should work without problems. I have no chance to test it but it should work. Temporarily disable WYSIWYG and paste the script, that's it.

Though the "easiest" solution probably would be to install Chrome.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oksanana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back