Pasting text from VBE to this forum

When I try pasting it into a gmail content box it will not paste in.
Yep, sounds like more of an Edge issue than a forum issue.
Note the workaround posted in my last post.
I could permanently disable the WYSIWYG editor on your account if you like, if that works.

No. It's not a big problem. I will live with it for now. Only takes one more step several times a day. I will keep you updated if things change. Your last suggestions did not work. I did try changing the font I use in the Vba editor to see if that would fix it but that did not help.
Yep, sounds like more of an Edge issue than a forum issue.
Note the workaround posted in my last post.
I could permanently disable the WYSIWYG editor on your account if you like, if that works.

I did try changing the font I use in the Vba editor to see if that would fix it but that did not help.
No, its not the font icon. It is the first icon in the list, that shows a capital A, a slash, and a blue underlined italicized capital "A".
If you hover over it, it says "Switch Editor to Source Mode".

So, I went into our TestReg account and copied some code from the VBE and posted a new thread with a couple of replies in different modes (using Edge). I don't see a problem.

Here's the button to switch modes (you'll have to download from my dropbox): Switch Modes

Last edited:
Yes I understand that. When I mentioned "Font" I meant if you go into.
Vba editor then choose "Tools" then choose "Options" then choose "Edit Format" you can change the font used in the editor..
I change the font thinking this may help but that made no differents.

No, its not the font icon. It is the first icon in the list, that shows a capital A, a slash, and a blue underlined italicized capital "A".
If you hover over it, it says "Switch Editor to Source Mode".

Thanks. Maybe this will only be a temporary problem.
So, I went into our TestReg account and copied some code from the VBE and posted a new thread with a couple of replies in different modes (using Edge). I don't see a problem.

Here's the button to switch modes (you'll have to download from my dropbox): Switch Modes

Just in case others should experience the same issue I found this posting From MS
Where they also see the problem and acknowledge it. They say it's a problem MS must address.
See their comments here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-44fb-a9bf-b4d4e2cfae16?tab=AllReplies&auth=1

Microsoft Forum Moderator

We have recreated what you were attempting to do, and we found that it is reproducible in our end. Since the issue is entirely with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you submit it to Microsoft directly through the Feedback Hub app. This way, it would let the engineers know and could further improve Edge to increase its usability.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back