Pasting to concatenated named workbooks

XlDad23

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi I am a newbie to VBA and trying to accomplish a project where I create new folders copy template files into said folders, rename the files and copy data into the files. I am doing this from names and filepaths concatenated into cells in a master workbook. I have manged to create the folders,copy the files and rename them, the part I am struggling with is copying the data from the master workbook into the created files. I do have some code (and I can manage to open the workbooks) it appears I can't set the destination workbook for the copy paste routine. All the filepaths are in 'P' column, the filenames inc. extension are in 'O' column. Any help where I am going wrong would be greatfully appreciated. Here is the code I have.

Sub copyToMultipleSheets()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim sourceWB As Workbook
Dim DestWb As Workbook
Dim I As Integer
For I = 5 To 14
Set sourceWB = ThisWorkbook

Set DestWb = Workbooks(ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(Sheet1).Range("O" & I).Value)

Workbooks.Open Filename:=Range("P" & I).Value, UpdateLinks:=0

ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("C2").copy Filename:=Range("P" & I).Value.Sheets("Bucket 1").Range("L2")
'ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("C" & I).copy Destination:=destWB.Sheets("Summary").Range("D6:D10")
'ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("D" & I).copy Destination:=destWB.Sheets("Summary").Range("G6:G10")
'ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("E" & I).copy Destination:=destWB.Sheets("Summary").Range("F12")

Application.CutCopyMode = False
'destWB.Save
'destWB.Close
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Hi,

1. Please share the sheet data also to check how you are showing file path and name.
2. In below code Sheet1 should be in double quotes, if sheet1 is the sheet name.

VBA Code:
Set DestWb = Workbooks(ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("O" & I).Value)

3. In below code only file path reference is given. File name is missing. Reference of Destination Workbook is missing.
VBA Code:
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("C2").copy Filename:=DestWb.Sheets("Bucket 1").Range("L2")

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help.I tried both with and without quotes on the sheet name. It does seem to be the setting the DestWb that it doesn't like as when i get rid of that line it will open the workbook. The numbers in the K col are for the drop down for the week no. which I realize could be done a different way.
1644935337676.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back