Paying for help

specialfx

I posted a relatively simple problem yesterday with no responses. Question - how can I pay to get a solution ? Who and where can that be found ?

Thanks

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
I posted a relatively simple problem yesterday with no responses. Question - how can I pay to get a solution ? Who and where can that be found ?

Thanks
This forum does not charge.
We are all volunteeres.
You can make a donataion to any charity or people in needs.

Upvote 0
The people that help, help for the love of the challenge.

Before posting, I would recommending a little light reading.... http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/127080-guidelines-posting-updated-22-nov-2006-a.html

The mass majority of the people I have run across here want to learn how to do the task they are trying to do, not necessarily just to get it done. Then next time they are in the same situation, they can just do it. I surprise myself sometimes with the VBA code I write that 2 years ago I had no clue about any of it, but that is largely to the great people who volunteer their time to help here.

There are a few key factors I typically see in posts that get no response that I'll share with you.

1. Explain in detail what you currently have and what you are attempting to do.
2. Give sheet layouts. What is in what cells or columns or rows, etc.
3. Don't attach a file unless asked to share the file. A "look at my file request" is bound to be ignored, especially from first timers due to the extensive damage that a bad macro could do just by opening the file.
4. Do not bump your message. You see that button that says "Zero Reply Posts"? Many people use that to find questions that have not been answered. If I see 4 responses, I'm more likely to think that someone is already helping you and many other people think that too. So you are more likely to receive a response with 0 replies than with 4 bumps. Replying to your own message should only be limited to new information that aides in having enough information to help you resolve your problem.

If after all that, you don't want to learn how to do it, but you would rather have someone do your project for you, then I would recommend a good Google search in your area for Excel developers. I'm sure there is someone local who would be glad to do your project for you.

The challenge is in creating the project. Having the whole thing done for you learns nothing.

Take care,
RJ

Upvote 0
Getting no reply can have several meaning
1) You stumped the audience and nobody has a solution
2) You didn't explain it clearly enough for people to figure out what you really wanted to do
3) many people posted at about the same time and people missed your post.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back