Payment term and cash flow (formula linked with costs) - weekly cash flow

GSP21

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

There was a thread 'Payment term and Cash flow (formula linked with costs)' in January 2021 where someone was able to come up with a formula that automatically calculated the value and input it in to the correct place in the cash flow based on the payment terms. I tried the formula from that thread (see below) which worked perfectly but my cash flow is weekly not monthly and I do not know how to amend the below formula for a weekly cash flow (or even if that is possible).

Also the data that I receive is given to me monthly because the 'measure date' is monthly but a weekly cashflow is required - is there a way to convert the monthly data to be weekly - e.g. calculating daily amount then multiplied by days in week?

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

=IFERROR(IF(SUM($F5:F5)=0,0,IF(AND(INDEX($F$4:$Q$4,,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX($F5:$Q5>0,0),0))+$S19>F$18,INDEX($F$4:$Q$4,,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX($F5:$Q5>0,0),0))+$S19<EOMONTH(F$18,0)),INDEX($F5:$Q5,,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX($F5:$Q5>0,0),0)),IF(INDEX($F$4:$Q$4,,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX($F5:$Q5>0,0),0))+$S19>F$18,0,INDEX($F5:$Q5,,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX($F5:$Q5>0,0),0)+COLUMNS($F19:F19)+1-IFERROR(MATCH(TRUE,INDEX($E19:E19>0,0),0),1))))),"")

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Hi and welcome to MrExcel,

Don't know if you still awaiting an answer.
If that's the case please share with us some sample data and show us manually calculated what the expected outcome would be.
Please use XL2BB to do so, preventing us to do a complete type over.
The link to Xl2BB is to be found here

Providing us with more info is usually the better way because it helps us to help you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back