Payroll dates

2077delta

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I want to create a list of all our pay check dates in a year sorted in the order in which they occur. We have two payrolls, one pays weekly every Friday and one pays semi-monthly on the 15th and last day of the month. Is it possibly for the date of both payrolls to occur on the same day. Can I do this with just one formula and copy it down or possibly and array formula that automatically creates the exact list as it can vary by one pay period from year to year. I would like to have the user enter the first day of the year in a cell then use this date to create the list. Finally since I'm making my wish list, if it's an array, can it have an adjacent column with either W for weekly (Friday) pay dates and S (the semi-monthly pay dates).

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
I want to create a list of all our pay check dates in a year sorted in the order in which they occur. We have two payrolls, one pays weekly every Friday and one pays semi-monthly on the 15th and last day of the month. Is it possibly for the date of both payrolls to occur on the same day. Can I do this with just one formula and copy it down or possibly and array formula that automatically creates the exact list as it can vary by one pay period from year to year. I would like to have the user enter the first day of the year in a cell then use this date to create the list. Finally since I'm making my wish list, if it's an array, can it have an adjacent column with either W for weekly (Friday) pay dates and S (the semi-monthly pay dates).
Hey there; you ask is a bit confusing. you want One list that has both Weekly & Bi-Monthly payroll dates? and then the list changes each year? I assume just the bi-weekly dates change? Also for the bi-monthly, is it the 15 & last day of the month regardless if it falls on a weekend? i.e. -- Saturday is the 15th so is pay day on Friday the 14th? Sounds like you need 2 lists to me

Upvote 0
The suggestion uses Let which is available on the latest versions of Excel.
N.B. Some of the dates may fall on a weekend.

Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B2:B19B2=LET(x,MIN(WORKDAY.INTL(B1,1,"1111011"),EOMONTH(B1+1,0)),IF(DAY(B1)<15,MIN(x,DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1),15)),x))

Upvote 0
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B2:B5B2=LET(x,MIN(WORKDAY.INTL(B1,1,"1111011"),EOMONTH(B1+1,0)),IF(DAY(B1)<15,MIN(x,DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1),15)),x))
C2:C5C2=IF(AND(WEEKDAY(B2,1)=6,OR(DAY(B2)=15,B2=EOMONTH(B2,0)))," WS ",IF(WEEKDAY(B2,1)=6," W "," S "))
D2:D5D2=LET(x,WEEKDAY(B2,1)=6,IF(AND(x,OR(DAY(B2)=15,B2=EOMONTH(B2,0)))," WS ",IF(x," W "," S ")))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottdog129

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back