PC vs Mac

Erich Duff

Board Regular
All,

Is it very different/difficult to adapt code written for the PC version of Excel to that used on a Mac? I've never used a Mac before, but I have lots of programs that I write that some of my sales reps who use Macs can't get to work properly. I can have very limited access to a Mac if I want, but I guess I just want to know before even thinking about it whether it's worth it, or whether I'd have to re-write the entire programs.

Thanks,

Erich

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
There aren't too many MAC users here, but there is a MAC forum over at www.vbaexpress.

A sMAC user or two might be willing to test your code or point out what does/doesn't work.

From my experience, VBA for PC/MAC are 2 entirely different animals, but I don't intereact with them/write for them enough to give you any definitive differences.

HTH,

Smitty

Upvote 0
Hi:
I believe Tracy(AKA Starl) has done some programing for MAC's. Search the board for Mac, authored by Starl.

lenze

Hi Smitty: Bozeman is calling me. Sent some stuff to RightNow. See what happens.

Upvote 0
Yeesh. Looks pretty complicated...not something I can probably fix in an afternoon. Maybe I need to buy a freakin' Mac...*sigh*

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back