Percentage Calculation formula

BGDunbar

Board Regular
I play a game that gives a production bonus for having certain percentages more than the required "culture". The picture here shows the different percentages available, the requirement for the current level, etc. What I would like to have is a set of formulas that will calculate the "available culture" needed for the other levels based on the known requirements. For instance from the picture, I would want to be able to calculate the 100%, 125%, and 170%. The picture already give the amounts needed for the 160% being "Available Culture + Neighborly Help Bonus + Required for next level. So if I wanted to have enough Available Culture for the 160% in this case I would need a total of 260K. However, what I really want is to know what the available could drop to and still be at 125%. The Neighborly Help Bonus varies from day to day and sometimes hour to hour so I like to ensure I have at least a 125% base. I hope this makes sense.

Annotation 2020-01-07 133006.png

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Can no one help me with this? I've posted other requests much more difficult and received answers...

Upvote 0
It's kind of an unclear question. From what I gather, you want to hold the Neighborly Help Bonus and the Needed for next level values constant, and vary the Available Culture value to see what it would take to hit the other levels. Something like this maybe:

Book1
ABCDEFGH
1Current level:X
2100%125%150%160%170%
3Available Culture12641939752.3333383085.66667 143752.3333161085.6667
4Neighborly Help Bonus82940
5Needed for next level50641
Sheet4
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D3:H3D3=IF(D1="x","",D2/INDEX($D$2:$H$2,MATCH("X",$D$1:$H$1,0))*SUM($B$3:$B$5)-$B$4-$B$5)

Put the values in B3:B5, and put an X over the current level, then the formulas in D3:H3 should give you the values you want. HOWEVER, this will be a very rough estimate! Since the levels jump between 100, 125, 150, 160, and 170, then the in between values are ignored. If you need 100000 for example to hit the 100% level exactly, then you'd need 125000 to hit the 125% level. But if you have 124999, it'll still show up as being in the 100% level, but the formulas would show you needing several thousand points away, when in reality you're only 1 point away. Since I don't know the exact algorithm they use, these numbers are guesses, but should illustrate the point.

In any event, perhaps this estimate might be good enough for you. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back