Percentage for Yield

senewman1

I did some looking but did not find anything matching my problem so I will do a new post. I am looking to calculate First Pass Yield and need some help in getting defaults values to enter a cell when not failures occur. Data is as follows:

A1=100
B1=25

I know that if I place the formula in cell C1 as follows (B1/A1) comes to a value of 25 (or 25% if cell is formatted to %). I also need to know how to get the formula to also subract the 25 from A1 to give me the yield number. if anyone knows how this can be accomplished I would be grateful.

Shane

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
what does the 100 and 25 mean? and what kind of yield do you want to calculate?

Upvote 0
I did some looking but did not find anything matching my problem so I will do a new post. I am looking to calculate First Pass Yield and need some help in getting defaults values to enter a cell when not failures occur. Data is as follows:

A1=100
B1=25

I know that if I place the formula in cell C1 as follows (B1/A1) comes to a value of 25 (or 25% if cell is formatted to %). I also need to know how to get the formula to also subract the 25 from A1 to give me the yield number. if anyone knows how this can be accomplished I would be grateful.

Shane

I find your post confusing on a number of levels, but ...
to subtact 25 from a1 in your example would be =a1-b1

I don't know why you say this will give you a yield number, but that's cool. Also, I assume you mean b1/a1 comes to .25 (not 25)

Upvote 0
100 is the number of units tested and 25 is the number of defects. If you divide 25/100 gives you the percent defective (25%). But I would like to also have the formula subtract the percent defective from 100% so you see the first pass yield percentage.

A1=100
B1=25

If I do the following formula (B1/A1)-1 the response is -75. How do I get this to be a positive value? Sorry if my question seemed confusing, just beginning to utilize excel on a more complicated level.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aveternik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back