Permutations and List Making with a variable - please help!!

clicker44

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #454545}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #454545; min-height: 14.0px}span.s1 {text-decoration: underline}</style>Hello Mr.Excel Forum -

What an amazing forum! I have a question that is vexing me to the point of sleeplessness. I have a problem that I just cannot solve and need help!
<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #454545}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #454545; min-height: 14.0px}</style>

I am working on a problem trying to achieve the following outcome for a tour company that I own.

- The tour bus I use has 25 total seats.

- The prices for tickets are $44 for child and $54 for adult.

- The bus can be filled with any combination of of tickets (adult / child) as long as the max capacity is 25.

The issue is the following:

- Regardless of the combination of tickets purchased, the sum of the ticket costs will incur a -5.66% discount*

- The total after the sum, and the negation of the -5.66% discount, will then be subject to a +6% fee**

- The total price must end up as a whole number (no decimals).

* - The reason this has to happen is because the reservation software I use has a mandatory 6% service fee that gets passed to the customer during the checkout flow. This number (-5.66%) is changeable if necessary. The client I work for has a contract with their parent company that does not allow the ticket price to be anything different than the advertised price (ie..$54 and $44).

** - The reason for the 6% addition is because of the mandatory 6% fee that the reservation system charges. This number is changeable.

What I am trying to achieve:

- I need to find out every single ticket combination possible.

- I need to find out the total price for each ticket combination after the -5.66% discount + the 6% service fee.

- I need to identify which ticket combinations do not round to a whole number.

- I need to find out what % service fee (above or below the standard 6% fee) would bring the number to a whole number.

Thank you in advance to anyone who reads this and can help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LogChief

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...