Permutations and List Making with a variable - please help!!

clicker44

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #454545}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #454545; min-height: 14.0px}span.s1 {text-decoration: underline}</style>Hello Mr.Excel Forum -

What an amazing forum! I have a question that is vexing me to the point of sleeplessness. I have a problem that I just cannot solve and need help!
<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #454545}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #454545; min-height: 14.0px}</style>

I am working on a problem trying to achieve the following outcome for a tour company that I own.

- The tour bus I use has 25 total seats.

- The prices for tickets are $44 for child and $54 for adult.

- The bus can be filled with any combination of of tickets (adult / child) as long as the max capacity is 25.

The issue is the following:

- Regardless of the combination of tickets purchased, the sum of the ticket costs will incur a -5.66% discount*

- The total after the sum, and the negation of the -5.66% discount, will then be subject to a +6% fee**

- The total price must end up as a whole number (no decimals).

* - The reason this has to happen is because the reservation software I use has a mandatory 6% service fee that gets passed to the customer during the checkout flow. This number (-5.66%) is changeable if necessary. The client I work for has a contract with their parent company that does not allow the ticket price to be anything different than the advertised price (ie..$54 and $44).

** - The reason for the 6% addition is because of the mandatory 6% fee that the reservation system charges. This number is changeable.

What I am trying to achieve:

- I need to find out every single ticket combination possible.

- I need to find out the total price for each ticket combination after the -5.66% discount + the 6% service fee.

- I need to identify which ticket combinations do not round to a whole number.

- I need to find out what % service fee (above or below the standard 6% fee) would bring the number to a whole number.

Thank you in advance to anyone who reads this and can help!

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksjohnson1970

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back