Perpetual table??

rgillson3

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
My team has undertaken the taken the task of communicating why claims are not paid, but not outright denied.

As part of this task, we plan export a report showing the items in question weekly. However, many of these claims will be on the list, week after week.

Is it possible to create some sort of table whereas we can paste the information at the bottom, and have a separate table, pivot or otherwise, that will automatically update for any new/different information?</SPAN>

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
It will be hard without further details.
I'm thinking of perhaps a macro fired when the sheet amended with the new export is changed.
But your question gives nu clues how to relate this new information with the 'other' table information.

Also your question suggests that the last export contains all info; is that correct?
If so, why append it instead of overwriting the previous export?
If not: was is missing?

Upvote 0
I'm thinking of perhaps a macro fired when the sheet amended with the new export is changed.
But your question gives nu clues how to relate this new information with the 'other' table information.

Also your question suggests that the last export contains all info; is that correct?

I'm sorry. I am unable to upload an attachment, which might have helped.</SPAN>

The export would contain all of the raw data. But, we will be adding additional notes that would give more detailed information and suggestions for corrections.</SPAN>

I was leaning towards a PivotTable. But, I am uncertain how to only have it account for the first occurrence of a claim, which would include the above mentioned notes, while also having it "ditch" the claim once new data is added that doesn't include it.</SPAN>

Here is an example of the data I'll working with.
A</SPAN>B</SPAN>C</SPAN>D</SPAN>E</SPAN>F</SPAN>G</SPAN>H</SPAN>I</SPAN>J</SPAN>K</SPAN>
Claim Line</SPAN>Member</SPAN>Provider</SPAN>Reason</SPAN>DOS</SPAN>Status</SPAN>Payable Amt</SPAN>Insurer</SPAN>Procedure</SPAN>Unit</SPAN>Notes</SPAN>
1</SPAN>Jim Smith</SPAN>ABC</SPAN>Code doesn't exist</SPAN>9/23/2014</SPAN>Denied</SPAN>Me</SPAN>123</SPAN>8</SPAN>
2</SPAN>Jim Smith</SPAN>ABC</SPAN>Code doesn't exist</SPAN>9/24/2014</SPAN>Denied</SPAN>Me</SPAN>456</SPAN>8</SPAN>
3</SPAN>Jim Smith</SPAN>ABC</SPAN>Code doesn't exist</SPAN>9/25/2014</SPAN>Denied</SPAN>Me</SPAN>789</SPAN>8</SPAN>
4</SPAN>Jim Smith</SPAN>ABC</SPAN>Code doesn't exist</SPAN>9/3/2014</SPAN>Denied</SPAN>Me</SPAN>123</SPAN>8</SPAN>
21</SPAN>Jim Smith</SPAN>ABC</SPAN>Balance not met</SPAN>9/2/2014</SPAN>Pended</SPAN>Me</SPAN>789</SPAN>8</SPAN>
22</SPAN>Jim Smith</SPAN>ABC</SPAN>Balance not met</SPAN>9/3/2014</SPAN>Pended</SPAN>Me</SPAN>123</SPAN>8</SPAN>
28</SPAN>Jim Smith</SPAN>ABC</SPAN>Balance not met</SPAN>9/17/2014</SPAN>Pended</SPAN>Me</SPAN>123</SPAN>8</SPAN>
29</SPAN>Jim Smith</SPAN>ABC</SPAN>Balance not met</SPAN>9/22/2014</SPAN>Pended</SPAN>Me</SPAN>456</SPAN>8</SPAN>
33</SPAN>Jim Smith</SPAN>ABC</SPAN>Exceed agreement</SPAN>9/11/2014</SPAN>Denied</SPAN>Me</SPAN>789</SPAN>8</SPAN>
34</SPAN>Jim Smith</SPAN>DEF</SPAN>Needs approval</SPAN>9/15/2014</SPAN>Denied</SPAN>Me</SPAN>123</SPAN>0</SPAN>
35</SPAN>Jim Smith</SPAN>DEF</SPAN>Needs approval</SPAN>9/16/2014</SPAN>Denied</SPAN>Me</SPAN>456</SPAN>0</SPAN>
36</SPAN>Jim Smith</SPAN>GHI</SPAN>Needs approval</SPAN>9/14/2014</SPAN>Denied</SPAN>Me</SPAN>789</SPAN>3</SPAN>
37</SPAN>Jim Smith</SPAN>JKL</SPAN>No rate</SPAN>9/1/2014</SPAN>Denied</SPAN>Me</SPAN>123</SPAN>3</SPAN>
38</SPAN>Jim Smith</SPAN>JKL</SPAN>No rate</SPAN>9/1/2014</SPAN>Denied</SPAN>Me</SPAN>456</SPAN>3</SPAN>

<TBODY>
</TBODY><COLGROUP><COL span=11></COLGROUP>

Does this help?</SPAN></SPAN>

Upvote 0

DeBeuz - Did you have any suggestions after seeing the sample data?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back