Personal Workbook Fails to Load

gtd526

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
When I want to add a macro to customize the ribbon, my personal macro's are not showing under 'macros'. Only macros in the open workbook.
I've add personal macros many times before, but suddenly their not showing.
How can I show personal macros under customize the ribbon?
Thanks.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
When you click "View --> Macros" and it brings up the list of Macros, did you remember to change the "Macros in:" value from "This Workbook" to either "All Open Workbooks" or "Personal.xlsb"?

Upvote 0
When you click "View --> Macros" and it brings up the list of Macros, did you remember to change the "Macros in:" value from "This Workbook" to either "All Open Workbooks" or "Personal.xlsb"?
Is this under 'customize ribbon'? Because under customize ribbon, I hit Macros from Choose commands from:
Where is the "Macros in:"?

Upvote 0
Where is the "Macros in:"?
When you click the "Macros" button (after you have added it to your ribbon), don't you see something like this?

1632322716801.png

Upvote 0
When I view macros, I see "Macros In:", I click Personal.xlsb and nothing shows. My Personal macros have several macros that I can view in VBA.

Upvote 0
I click Personal.xlsb and nothing shows. My Personal macros have several macros that I can view in VBA.
Do any of them being with "Private Sub..." or "Function..."?
Because those things do not show up from the Macro menu.

Upvote 0
Do any of them being with "Private Sub..." or "Function..."?
Because those things do not show up from the Macro menu.
No. Regular macros. Here is a shot of some macros:
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No. Regular macros. Here is a shot of some macros:
View attachment 47466 View attachment 47467
All I see are a bunch of modules. That does not show me any of the code in any of the modules.

If you turn on the Macro Recorder, and then elect to save the Recorded Macro to your Personal.xlsb Macro workbook, then stop the Recorder, do you then see this new recorded Macro listed when you click on the Macros button and choose "All Open Workbooks"?

Upvote 0
All I see are a bunch of modules. That does not show me any of the code in any of the modules.

If you turn on the Macro Recorder, and then elect to save the Recorded Macro to your Personal.xlsb Macro workbook, then stop the Recorder, do you then see this new recorded Macro listed when you click on the Macros button and choose "All Open Workbooks"?
The recorded Macro is saved in Personal, but does not show when I select "all open workbooks".

Upvote 0
I have never seen that behavior before. Something does not sound right.

I have been searching, and found a few threads. Don't know if this will help, but you may want to read throw them.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fenes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back