Personal.xls won't load

bill

Not sure why but at work, my personal.xls no longer loads when I start Excel....

The AT STARTUP OPEN ALL FILES IN is properly configured.
I can open the file manually.

I've contacted our HELPDESK and the claim to be unaware of any changes.

Perhaps more revealing, I dropped another file into the STARTUP folder and it does open... I also jammed a macro in it to make sure that was not the issue however, with halostic scanning, could be that a macro in the personal file is failing to pass the grade.

Or Perhaps a corruption issues around my personal.xls?

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Thanks for the tip...

What's truly interesting to me about the link is that the users city is the HOME OFFICE for the company that I work for! Perhaps there IS a connection:)

I've been doing more expermentation and have rebuilt my personal.xls into a new file and when dropped into the XLSTART folder, it DOES open (under a different name though).

But if i kill the old personal.xls then rename the new file to the same name, in the same folder, it won't open.

Very odd!

Upvote 0
Nope we are not connected I am sure as I can see the 4 other poeople total in the company from my desk.

Baffling problem isn't it.

I am basically doing the same thing to get my general (personal)macros available.

Upvote 0
If it's a problem specific to the file when named Personal.xls then maybe it's a Registry problem. Beyond my ability to investigate/know however, I'm afraid.

I agree though - very odd indeed!

Richard

Upvote 0
I think I got it.

Click HELP > ABOUT and then DISABLED ITEMS (bottom right) and check if PERSONAL.XLS is disabled.

Upvote 0
Not sure if anyone else has had this problem pop up recently,

After latest XP home update I lost my personal Macro files off 2 computers and had to reenable.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back