Phantom unfinished post

JenniferMurphy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
About an hour ago, I started to post in the general questions section. I was halfway through when I realized a solution. I tried to cancel the post, but could not find a way to do that, so I just logged off.

I just came back with a new question, but instead of the Start a New Thread button, I see a Post Thread button. Worried that if I clicked it, it would post my incomplete and unneeded post, but I still couldn't find a way to cancel it. So I went to the Test section and posted there. I was able to post 2 test posts, but I still have that Post Thread button in the upper right.

How do I get rid of it?

I guess the problem is resolved. I just posted my question on the general section. I was first told that I had an unfinished post. I asked to load it and then modified it to be the new question.

There was still no "Cancel" or "Abort" button that I could find. This seems like a deficiency in this new board software.

About an hour ago, I started to post in the general questions section. I was halfway through when I realized a solution. I tried to cancel the post, but could not find a way to do that, so I just logged off.

I just came back with a new question, but instead of the Start a New Thread button, I see a Post Thread button. Worried that if I clicked it, it would post my incomplete and unneeded post, but I still couldn't find a way to cancel it. So I went to the Test section and posted there. I was able to post 2 test posts, but I still have that Post Thread button in the upper right.

How do I get rid of it?
Jenifer, the Post Thread button should be there as it is there for creating new threads... Just badly named.

Jenifer, the Post Thread button should be there as it is there for creating new threads... Just badly named.
It seems to me that prior to logging off with an unfinished post, that button was called "New Thread" or something like that. No? It seemed to me that it changed to "Post Thread" after I left a post unfinished.

Also, am I correct that there is no way to cancel a post?

That I can't remember deliberately trying but I think the same as you as there have been a couple of instances where I have accidentally exited and the post was still there (it done me a favour actually).

I will do a test when I get in tonight but I don't know if it causes any problems from a board point of view leaving it there if it hasn't been posted. Will have to check with the Admin.

I don't think I have seen the button say New Thread or similar since the software change.

that button was called "New Thread" or something like that. No?
As far as I am aware it is only "Post thread"

Also, am I correct that there is no way to cancel a post?
If you return to an area and find a previous draft (or even before you leave in the first place), use the 2nd last icon to "Delete draft"

1575807828090.png

That I can't remember deliberately trying but I think the same as you as there have been a couple of instances where I have accidentally exited and the post was still there (it done me a favour actually).

I will do a test when I get in tonight but I don't know if it causes any problems from a board point of view leaving it there if it hasn't been posted. Will have to check with the Admin.

I don't think I have seen the button say New Thread or similar since the software change.
I may be remembering how it was on the old board. But I do think it is very badly named and I believe most board use a term like "Start New Thread" or something similar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back