Picking value from a certain cell under certain conditions

karsyla

Hello!

Sorry for the dumb name of the topic - I am a beginner in excel and I know not that much so it's difficult for me to define the issue here.

I attached my excel file which I am referring to. It's kinda difficult to explain what I wanna do here but I will try.

What I wanna do here, is calculate lot sizes - certain variables.
The main issue here, in order to calculate these, there are different conditions for different situations.
What is going to be used here:

1) Cell B8 - dropdown menu under 'Deposit Currency'
2) Cell C12 - dropdown menu under 'Traded Pair'

How to do the following:
When I select something from cell C12, it would take the number out of a spreadsheet called 'quotes' that matches the value (the name) in the cell C12. Dropdown menu is made out of that list in 'quotes'.
For example, if EURUSD is selected in C12 , it would take the value out of a cell C5 in the spreadsheet called 'quotes'.

another thing is matching B8 with C12 under different conditions:
If the value in B8 stands as the first word in C12 (i.e. USD/CAD), perform a multiplication;
If the value in B8 stands as the second word in C12 (i.e. GBP/USD) perform a division;

I am not sure if you are going to understand what I want to do here, I am really bad at defining situations so it may be confusing.

I would find this by myself but as I told earlier, I am not that advanced in excel so I have no idea what to even look for haha

If there is someone who is willing to help me, please give me your skype or contact me via skype karsyz , it will be much easier to communicate and explain the issue!

Thank you!

https://ufile.io/3imwk

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back