Picture as background help

jcaptchaos2

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
What I am trying to do is take a scanned photo of our purchase order form and set it as a background on my spread sheet. I did do that thinking that I have the data pull out of our main frame into certain cells so it looks like the form is filled out but found out that the background does not print out. What I am trying to accomplish is to be able to email the PO instead of faxing it. I can pull all of the data from our main frame into cells that would be in the correct location on the form ( scanned picture of the form) if I have the form as a background it looks perfect. I try to print to adobe or any printer and the background does not print. Sorry so long winded.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
You can use customer header/footer for this I think. I just checked help in Excel by typing print background. The first option that comes up is Mimic watermark in Excel which, if tweeked, might help you out some.

HTH

Dave

Upvote 0
I don't get that when I check help in excel, I have office 97 and maybe that option is not available.

Upvote 0
I got this

Watermark functionality is not available in Excel. If you want to display a graphic on every printed page (for example, to indicate that the information is confidential), you can insert the graphic in a header or footer. This way, the graphic appears behind the text, starting at the top or bottom of every page. You can also resize or scale it to fill the page.

On the View menu, click Header and Footer.
In the Page Setup dialog box, click Custom Header or Custom Footer.
Click in the Left section, Center section, or Right section box.
In the row of buttons in the Header or Footer dialog box, click Insert Picture and then find the graphic you want to insert.
Double-click the graphic to insert it in the header or footer section box.
To resize or scale the graphic, click Format Picture in the row of buttons in the Header or Footer dialog box and then, in the Format Picture dialog box, select the options you want on the Size tab.

Notes

Changes to the graphic or graphic format take place immediately and can't be undone.

If you want to add blank space above or below a graphic, click before or after &[Picture], and then press ENTER to start a new line.

To replace a graphic, select &[Picture], click Insert Picture , and then click Replace.
Before printing, make sure the header or footer margin allows enough space for the custom header or footer.

To delete a graphic, select &[Picture] and then press DELETE.

Sorry about the format, perhaps this option isn't available in 97

HTH

Dave

Upvote 0
Y athe picture option is not available in 97, thanks for your ideas.

Upvote 0
Sorry I couldn't help you more, perhaps someone else will figure it out for you.

Cheers

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back